How to Join
- You can enroll into 4-H anytime throughout the year, however there are a few participation events that are enrollment date specific.
- Re-enrolling members must enroll online by November 1st in order to show at the Central Wisconsin State Junior Fair or take part in county or state sponsored 4-H events. Project changes and additions can be made online until May 1st.
- New members must enroll online by May 1st in order to show at the Central Wisconsin State Junior Fair
- To enroll please visit https://wi.4honline.com.
- This enrollment guide will help you with step by step instructions on how enroll as a first time 4-H member.
Who Can Join
- 4-H grade is determined as of October 1st.
- Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd graders enroll as Cloverbuds. In 3rd grade, members enroll as Explorers. As an Explorer, members can also enroll in 2 animal species. Beginning in 4th grade, members enroll in specific 4-H project areas (i.e. beef, soils, clothing, food and nutrition).
- Youth continue to be eligible for membership one year beyond high school. Graduation from 4-H may be following high school graduation or one year after high school graduation.
- Wood County 4-H charges $3.00 per youth.
- Individual clubs may have an additional enrollment fee. Contact your local club general leader for specifics.
Find a 4-H Club
- Our club directory is a great resource when choosing which club to join. It provides contact information for each of the leaders, as well as meeting information for each club. We recommend contacting the leader and attending a few meetings to find the club that best fits your family. If you have any questions, contact the UW-Extension office at 715-421-8439 or email us.
- You can also contact the general leader for the club you are interested in joining, and they can give you more information about their 4-H club.